Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 23


Today I pitched in on a fundraiser for Extra Life. Specifically for Taiko, son of Yuta Hsu. Yuta is someone I went to college with, and we have a number of very good friends in common.


From his fundraising page:
I'm on a mission to save kids and I need your help. My local Children's Miracle Network Hospital treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

Our son Taiko is one of those kids. He had open heart surgery for a congenital heart defect just after his 1st birthday, and has bi-annual echocardiograms to make sure his heart is ok. For his surgery, the amazing people at UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital not only took care of Taiko as if he was their own, but also made us feel welcome, calm, and not alone. Every year when we go for his annual visit, we are treated like family. I want to help them be able to do the same for any family that needs their help.

If you'd like to contribute as well, you can do so HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment