Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 10

Today I did the 17th Annual Triangle Run/Walk for Autism. The race raised somewhere close to a quarter of a million dollars for the Autism Society of North Carolina.

This year I didn't even pretend I was going to run. In fact I pushed Amelia in her giant stroller the whole way, along with my two boys, and my friend and her two kids, one of whom is also in a stroller. My 7-year-old wanted to know why the girls got to ride in strollers but the boys had to walk... But the boys all did great. Well, other than some bickering. But very little complaining about being tired or wanting to be done. And best of all, the rain held off until the last of the participants were off the course.

I thought it was very cool afterwards to hear them reading through the top finishers in various age brackets, and the ages just kept going up. They finally stopped when they got to the competitive runners in the 80-99 year old category.


And tonight, I am tired. It was a good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment